Thousands of sleep aids are on the market today and many of them consist of taking medicines that are often habit forming. There are many ways to improve your quality of sleep without turning to these options. Here are 5 easy sleep tips to increase your quality and quantity of sleep.
- Set a routine. There is a reason kids and babies all have bed times; it promotes better sleep. For some reason, we tend to throw this idea out the window as adults. Try to reincorporate a bedtime as best possible.
- Chamomile Tea has calming properties to allow the body to relax. Pour a cup while you are unwinding in the evening.
- Turn off the screens. Phone, TV and computer screens all emit a light that is stimulating to the brain, yet so many of us lie in bed with our smartphones and expect to fall to sleep immediately. Give yourself an hour window before bed to separate yourself from screens.
- Diffuse some lavender. Lavender essential oils are widely used for sleep. Diffuse some lavender oil in your room or using lavender scented lotion before bed will help calm your weary mind before bedtime.
- Set the scene. Prep your room for sleep. Black out curtains are commonly used for individuals who work the night shift but they can make an impact during the night time as well. Try a sound machine that plays white noise to drown out outside noises that may awaken you at night.
Sleep problems are commonly linked to many health-related issues like high blood pressure, hormone imbalances, weight gain, anxiety and much more. If theses solutions don't work for you, we can help get to the bottom of your sleep issues, helping you to a good night's sleep.