Genetics and its Impact on You
More and more research are showing that genes play a huge role in how people feel. Genes are the “blueprints” to make enzymes. The body uses enzymes to make many things: chemicals in the brain, hormones, and so much more. Most people have no problem because their blueprints code for enzymes that work. However, some people’s enzymes are not as well put together, and therefore, don’t work as well.
Enzymes that don’t have optimal functioning can contribute to lots of problems:
- multiple allergies (environmental, food)
- digestive issues – leaky gut, diarrhea
- frequent infections (common cold, sinus, yeast)
- heart disease – atherosclerosis, heart attack, stroke
- alcohol intolerance
- toxic overload – the liver does not have the right enzymes to detox
Though we cannot change the genes that your parents gave you, we can optimize the body’s environment, so that the gene product (enzymes) can operate to their fullest capacity. We achieve this by supplementing nutrients as a target for enzyme therapy, optimizing your health. Curious about genetics? Already have a genetic report and need interpretation? We can help!